From: k12osn-admin redhat com [mailto:k12osn-admin redhat com] On Behalf
Of Aaron Leininger
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 4:13 PM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] login question

Let's say I have an LTSP box running the rh8 beta...(which runs
beautifully
by the way!!!)...
I have created a user called 'student'

If I login as student on 2 or more workstations at the same time, it
seems
to work ok. However, when I try to launch mozilla from both at the same
time, the 1st takes off fine but the others all error out saying to
choose a
different profile as the default profile is already in use. This makes
sense
since only 1 process should be able to access the profile folder/files
at a
time. My problem is that I will have to create a separate user for each
workstation in order for all the stations to be on the internet at the
same
time.
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way I can get them all on the
inernet
while logged in as the same user. I realize I could create mozilla
profiles
for all the stations and have the student choose one but that could get
very
ugly very quickly.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

p.s. My s3 video cards that absolutely refused to work under ltsp for
rh7.3
run perfectly under this version. Way to go guys!!
Aaron Leininger BS, MCP
Network Administrator/Webmaster/Computer Technician
Tigard High School
Phone: 503.431.5454
Email: aleininger ttsd k12 or us

---