Re: [K12OSN] Problems booting a 486DX4-100

Hello Henning,

Two things that may help.

Have you created an entry for this workstation in your dhcp.conf AND
lts.conf files?

Is the NIC a PCI nic?
If so you may have to create a custom image from Rom-O-Matic. Older
machines didn't implement PCI very well, and you have to force this in
the rom image.

I found this out when working on some older Compaq Deskpros (P133). So
if they weren't implementing PCI correctly I suspect the 486 won't
either.

I've covered this on list several times before. A google search on PCI
and K12LTSP will probably dig up the relevant messages.

Cheers,
Bert