[K12OSN] K12LTSP 3.0 pre-release #2

<I sent this to the list yesterday, but it looks like it got lost in the
 ether... here's another try...>

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Eric Harrison wrote:

>After a marathon hacking session, I have a pretty reasonable build of
>K12LTSP 3.0 ready for testing. Please pound on this sucker and report
>bugs back here to the list. I'd really love to have the final release
>out on the 1st (five days from now!).

After another marathon hacking session, I have the two "show stopper"
items off my TODO list. I've uploaded K12LTSP 3.0pre2.

I found a couple small bugs that caused problems for upgrades, but it
is looking good now. I've done several upgrades and they have all gone
well.

If you are trying to do an upgrade with the pre1 discs, you will need to
run "/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/K12Linux-LTSP-initialize" and reboot
your server after the upgrade completes. You will also need to install
the apt package (it's on disc 1) before the "Install additional software"
links on root's desktop will work. Both of these bugs are fixed in pre2.

I also remembered to GPG sign all of my packages ;-)
Run "rpm --import http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/eharrison.asc"; to make
rpm aware of my crypto key. You can then run "rpm --checksig *.rpm" to
verify packages I built actually came from me.

Lastly, I noted that I had an old version of gcompris in pre1. This has
been updated.

Current TODO list:

1) "Education" menus don't work with Gnome 2
2) IceWM and nautilus don't play well together, find a fix or a replacement
3) what else?

ISO images are available at:

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/devel/3.0/
   rsync k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-beta/K12LTSP-3.0pre2-disc?.iso
   ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors/k12ltsp/3.0/

Please give these ISOs a spin and report any bugs you find...

-Eric