[K12OSN] K12LTSP v3.0 pre3 (final build?)

here's another one I sent eight hours ago but has yet to show up on
the list :-(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 01:16:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Eric Harrison <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us>
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: K12LTSP v3.0 pre3 (final build?)

After more abuse, I found one more bug that impacts upgrades from K12LTSP 2.0.
(K12LTSP 2.1.x worked ok).

The fix for this small bug required a patch to the installer, which is
always a bit hairy. I cut-and-pasted an almost-identical section of
code from the install and have heavily tested it, so the these changes
should be solid.

The CD burner in my desktop failed and I left my laptop at work, so I have
not had the chance to do an install of pre3 via CD. I'm sure it is right,
but it is better safe than sorry...  I'll do full round of tests in
the morning just to be sure.

The -pre3 discs are available here:

  ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/devel/3.0/pre3/
  ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors/k12ltsp/3.0/pre3/
  rsync k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-beta/pre3/K12LTSP-3.0pre3-disc?.iso

Assuming no show-stopping bugs are found, this will be the last build.
Speak up now or forever hold your peace ;-)

-Eric