[K12OSN] K12Linux listserv changes...

Hello Folks,

I'm sorry to spring two listserv changes on you in just a week. This
recent change is good news for all of us I think.

I've had several discussions with the folks at Red Hat and OpenSourceNow
on how they can help the K12Linux community. I'm not talking about the
marketing, bean counters there... It's the folks who make Red Hat work
that are interested in promoting Open Source technologies in schools.

When Red Hat offered to host a support list for K12Linux users I thought
it was a great idea. I'll be right up front about this with you as I am
with them; I want Red Hat to be even more involved in the K12 part of
the world.

They've taken two big steps:
1. Hosting the K12OSN support listserv where their own experts will help
with our questions...

2. Providing a K12LTSP channel for Red Hat Network to make it easy for
all of us to keep our classroom servers up to date.

It means a lot to us at K12OS.org to have help. We have full time jobs
already and plenty to do. I can't tell you how good it feels now to see
MANY list members participating in answering questions and offering
suggestions.

This is the true power of Open Source, that we can all collaborate and
together make something of worth. I hope that our interests and
contributions will convince Red Hat that there is a viable K12 market
and user community, one that will merit an expanded interest on their
part beyond a commitment to help based on philanthropic convictions.

So thanks Red Hat!

Reminder of list changes...

  k12osn redhat com