Re(2): Re(2): [K12OSN] Re: K12OS: open office sees no printers

ljet4   What happens is (I tried both ways...with and without ghostscript)
when I try to test print....it oges to the printer and the the printer
shows the error....flashing yellow light....and nothing happens.   What I
can;t understand is why does everything work in printtool or printconf gui
 but not in spadmin.....in fact I can test print in printtool or printconf
gui and everything works fine....I get the RedHat print test
page.....Actually to tell you the truth I also tried to add an HP 5si in
OO (which is on a JetDirect) and it too would not work...but it works fine
in printtool.  In order for Open Office to be of much use to me on the
K12LTSP (I'm planning a full deployment in the summer for next fall...so I
need to get these bugs worked out in the next few months) I need the users
to be able to select the printer nearest to them.  I have a bunch of
networked printers all over this building.  In KWord....you can select the
printer you want just like you can when you use "file" "print" in Windows.
 I'd like to be able to get that in OO or if I must wait....SO 6.  any
ideas?  I will say this....and I haven't tried it the other way to see if
it makes a diff......the printers are on the outer network (running off
eth1) and they have addresses like 192.168.0.175  and so forth.....my LTSP
network has the 10.0.0.0 range....(yes I changed the appropriate files to
do this and all that wokrs fine.  What I may do is bring those printers to
the inside (LTSP) network and see if I can get to them via OO.
Remember...they work fine with everything except OO.  I'm stumped.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us