[K12OSN] Samba printing problem

Hi,

I'm running samba 2.0.7 and having an odd problem getting one of my printers to work....

It works fine from lpr on the command line, but I cannot connect to it as a lan-man share from my win2k box. I get a message (after installing the driver) that windows cannot connect to the printer or the printer is no longer connected to the server. I have been able to find a work-around (IPP port) but would really like to know what's going wrong.

BTW, I will be updating to samba 2.2x, but since I use openldap for all my authentication on all my servers, I will probably have to wait until spring break to avoid downtime.

TIA,

-Jeff

Jefferson K. Davis Technology and Information Systems Manager Standard School District 1200 North Chester Ave Bakersfield, CA 93308 USA 661-392-2110 ext 120