[K12OSN] Re: K12OS: New version of K12LTSP now available...

K12OSN:Can I take from this that rdesktop DOES NOT support sound?
On Tuesday 12 February 2002 03:12, you wrote:

Rdesktop does not support sound. Rdesktop uses Microsoft's RDP protocol to connect to the server and it's RDP not rdesktop that's the limiting factor.

Reportedly the version of RDP that comes with WinXP (5.1 I *think*) does support sound so I would expect rdp to have sound on the next server edition of WinXXXX.

Ever tried to use a Citrix client/Server ? I know it DOES support sound for
> Windows Terminal Services...

Citrix uses the ICA protocol to connect to the server which does support sound. Citrix does offer a Linux client that you can use to connect to a Citrix server.

Scott -- -- Scott Sherrill Technology Coordinator Hancock Public Schools Hancock, MI http://www.hancock.k12.mi.us