Re: [K12OSN] burning install cdroms

Stuart Highlander writes:

> K12OSN:good morning,
>
> this is probably a stupid question.  i earlier had downloaded the iso
> images for install on a win95 box with a cdrom burner but cannot get
> them to boot.  are there instructions for burning the cd's somewhere?
>
> thanks,
>
> stuart

Followup..what is really unclear is the phasing of the language.  It`s
really ambiguous.

1)  "I earlier had downloaded the iso images for install on a win95 box
with a cdrom burner"

Yes, but what os and program did you download the iso images with ?
Were they transferred from another box and burnt on the windows machine ?
Were they burnt on another machine and just won`t boot on the windows
machine.
Do other Cds boot on the windows machine ?

Are you planning to dual boot or wipe win95 out and replace it ?

Perhaps you mean`t to say  "I downloaded and burnt the iso`s on a win95
machine using   'xxxcd software',   and would like to install it on the
same machine, but it won`t boot".

You`ll need to be very clear about what you are asking for and the process
you have used to get where you are.

I hope that doesn`t sound harsh.  It`s not mean`t to be.  Do we need a FAQ
addition, close to the top   'prepping'   people (with examples) so we can
get clearer information.

That`s a discussion point by the way.

barbs and insults to /dev/null via the killfile  :-)

Regards...