Re(2): Re(2): Re(2): [K12OSN] Re: K12OS: open office sees no printers

Julius and all....

I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  I did
it!  I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  I
did it!

I figured out the problem and boy do I feel stupid!  What was happening
was the printer kept getting knocked offline as soon as I printed to
it.....what was wrong?  In "properties" of OO spadmin.....I had to change
the paper size to Letter and tell the paper tray to be <ignore>   And now
it works fine!

Here's the kicker though.  If I set a default printer in printconf gui
let's say the queue name is "lab-printer"......If I use this as the
default printer in OO spadmin.....I simply set up a new printer with HP
laser Jet 4 driver and the command lpr   and all is good.  Now....let's
say I want to use another printer which is NOT the default in printconf
gui.....we'll call it "library-printer".   I use the same driver and so
forth, but I use the command lpr -Plibrary-printer   and it doesn't
go........however if I use the long ghostscript command you gave me... gs
-q -sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutputFile="|lpr -Pyourprintqueuename" - .....it will
go.  I don't get this....can you shed some light?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us