[K12OSN] Some praise and some questions...

(Flashback to last episode where, yesterday, I installed K12LTSP and booted
right up) Well, I got time to change the configs to conform to my
university's IP numbering system, and after I found that one stray line I
hadn't changed, everything is super-keen.  Well almost, and that's where my
"tune in next time" questions come....
I have 25 identical clients: Celeron 500MHz (probably mendocino), with
SIS6326 video and Trident4D sound.  Some of them have sound, and some don't.
Some of them only have sound some of the time.  Example: I can get a system
beep, but I can't open a sound file, and when KDE opens, it complains that
/dev/dsp is locked.  I set the users up with a script, so they should all be
identical.  Any ideas?  XMMS will work on one station, but not the others.
This is very important for my language center.
Thanks
Dan

PS: I'm sooooo sorry Anthon!