Re: [K12OSN] How to get it down to one disk?

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Bobby Fuesz wrote:

>If i were attempting to get the entire install down to one disk (which i
>am), would I simply create one dir, dump all the second disks rpms into the
>disk1 rmp dir?  being that there really isn't anything but rpms on the
>second disk that seems logical, have you guys attempted it at all?

It is much less complicated building a one-disc version.

You are correct that you can just put the RPMs you want into the
./RedHat/RPMS/ directory of the first disc.

When you generate the hdlists, you don't have to worry about package
ordering anymore, since they are all on the same disc. So basically
all you have to do is run genhdlist & make the ISO. I think this would
work:

  /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist ./disc1
  cd ./disc1
  mkisofs -r -J -T -b dosutils/autoboot/cdboot.img -c .boot.cat -o ../1.iso .

-Eric