Re: [K12OSN] K12Linux listserv changes...

I assume the primary goal (aside from fun) of k12ltsp is to make GNU/Linux
available and useful to schools everywhere. If so, then any move which
inhibits schools adopting k12ltsp is counter productive.

Some distros are more popular in various cultures and regions than others.
Distros come and distros go. So, ideally, the project will work toward
distro-neutrality.

As harbingers of slippage I would watch for:
- an upfront or subtle brake on developing k12ltsp for distros other than RH;
- the inclusion of proprietary software developed by RH;
- k12ltsp always working better on RH than other distros; or
- close association with RH precluding support from or good working
relations with maintainers of other distros.

Tom