Fwd: [K12OSN] [Fwd: Problem booting PowerPC with LTSP. Need some help]

For running Mac apps on Linux on PPC, see www.maconlinux.org. ?It runs the
whole Mac OS 9.x or 8.x on top of linux, similar to Netraverse's Win4Lin I
suspect (haven't tried it myself--yet!). ?Of particular interest is the
screen shot showing multiple Mac OS sessions running. ?It strongly suggests
that you could use a hefty PPC box to support multiple X-terminals with each
one running a Mac OS session. ?It appears to be just another X app so remote
display /shouldn't/ be an issue. ?Arguably, this is not the most efficient
method for supporting Mac apps, requiring each user to load the whole OS to
to run even just one app. ?OTOH, with Mac OS X being BSD-based, perhaps newer
apps (those that run natively on OS X) can be remotely displayed. ?I'll have
to check that out.

I'm really interested in trying this, as my kids' school is all Macs. ?(Was
all set to meet with the school technology director about this, and then my
boss quit so I'm doing his job and mine for now, so no time for the school
for a few weeks--curses!) ?

(Sorry Paul, didn't mean to send the first version of this message to you
instead of the list.)

Petre