[K12OSN] NFS probs part 2

Ok,

Preparing for a "what if".  Let's say that I'm unable to pull off the
"home dir" mount....what if I mount the "home dir" from the "outside"
server under a different name say.....  "myfiles".....how can I get that
to show up on each users desktop automatically....I would simply instruct
my users to treat "myfiles" as their home folder for things that are
important.

Another "if"

Is there another way other than using NFS to authenticate and export?
Maybe with SAMBA?  I know it's probably not as clean, but can it be done?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us