Re(2): [K12OSN] NFS probs part 2

brandon friedman techknowledgy co za writes:
>Quick question:
>I have been reading the NFS information, can the LTSP server host the
>/home directory or does it need to be on a seperate server?

Brandon,

Yes the LTSP can host the /home dir just fine...in fact that's the easiest
way.  I'm trying to mount it from another server so that LTSP doesn't
become quite so "mission critical" thus preventing me from upgrading it or
playing around with it at the risk of losing user's data.  You could
actually run Samba and netatalk on the LTSP box and have the home dirs
accessible by all....Win, Linux, and Macs.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us