[K12OSN] video not working

I would appreciate help -- I have installed the server as recommended and
when attaching the client and booting from a floppy all goes well
recognizing to server back and the screen starts scrolling then when it
appears that the log in screen is to come up the monitor goes dark and then
(then normal green light on the monitor) goes yellow like it is not
connected.  I have tried other video cards -even replacing the video card
into the server to see if it works (it does),
I have tried a different computer as the client, different network card and
all happens the same -- I suspect there is something amiss in my ltf file
(however looked at that and it seems fine) -- any suggestions appreciated.
jwp