Re: [K12OSN] Installation problems with K12LTSP-2.0 - IT WON'TINSTALL

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Bert Rolston wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I sent a message thru yesterday, about install prblems with RC2.
>
>Since then I have rsynced to the K12LTSP-2.0 images and tried and install
>from those.
>
>I get the same crash.

Please verify the MD5SUMs.

>It loads the two discs then tells me there is an unhandled exception, then
>mentions the 192.168.0.254 IP address. I included a full dump of the
>problem in my previous message. That message is awaiting moderator
>approval, because it is too big.
>
>The server I am trying to set up ran alright onversions right up to Beta6
>of v2.0. This problem has occured with RC2 and the full release.

The first build of RC1 did have a bug that would crash the installer
if you only had one nic.

>I only have one NIC in the server, and suspect this is the cause of the
>problem. The installation doesn't allow any changes to DHCP, DNS and IP
>settings.

This is definately not the problem that existed in the first build of RC1.

I'm leaning towards that you have a corrupted download. Please double-check
the MD5SUMs.

>I know that things will fall into place, once I've got v2.0 on the server.
>The frustrating part is, it won't go on!

Well, even with that bug that was specific to the first build of RC1, you
could pick a "Custom" install (being sure to set eth0 to 192.168.0.254/
255.255.255.0) and it would work.

-Eric