Re: [K12OSN] K12Linux listserv changes...

At 06:44 PM 02/17/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Tom Brown wrote:
>
>> As harbingers of slippage I would watch for:
>
>> - the inclusion of proprietary software developed by RH;
>
>Silly me, I cannot think of even one example of this.  --
>
>Would you be so kind as to point me to even ONE package
>created at and released in binary form by Red Hat within, say,
>the last 18 months, which is NOT Open Source'd ?  The old
>examplars -- Motif comes to mind, were phased out.  The
>remaining few -- Netscape -- are not Red Hat creations -- just
>packaged by them.
>
>-- Russ Herrold

I can't think of any either. If history is prologue, scratch one of my
harbingers. Still 3 out of 4 ain't bad in predicting a possible future
scenario. Or, in this case, predicting the past. What I thought could
happen, aside from the proprietary software issue, in fact has happened. I
was ignorant of the relationship between k12ltsp, RH and the other distros,
and I misconstrued k12ltsp goals. So my speculations, although fairly
accurate, are not useful.

Tom