Re: [K12OSN] This should be easy but I am stumped.

Here's what I use to check on IMAP mail use. Change the directory to suit.
Nobody gets into the G range (thank goodness!) so 'grep'ing for M gives me
everybody w/ more than 1024K, sort them, and look at the top ten.

du -sh /var/spool/imap/user/* | grep M | sort -gr | head

The other posters are right though, du shouldn't be that slow. It takes around

13 seconds for the above to run on our ~400 mailboxes even when I preface it
w/

nice -n 19

-Dan Young