[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN digest, Vol 1 #266 - 12 msgs

    Thanks steve for the help. I just had to change disable = yes to disable
= no in the /etc/xinetd.d/ipop3 file. I then restarted xineted by using the
command: service xineted restart. I also made sure that in the event that
the server had to be restarted, it would start at boot. I did this by
checking the ipop3 box in the sysntv program.

    I want to thank all the rest of the people who replied to my email. You
guys are quick! I sent the email just an hour or two before Saturday Night
Live (PST) and by the end of the program, I had my problem solved! It seems
like im not the only one working late on the weekends.

Once again, thanks for your help.

                Chris Thomas
> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 17:42:59 +1200
> From: Steve Wright <paua quicksilver net nz>
> To: k12osn redhat com
> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] POP3 email server
>
> Chris Thomas wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to get a email server to work so I can use Netscape or some
other
> >email client. SMTP works (sendmail), but a pop3 server wasn't installed.
> >found in some redhat documentation that the cd has a pop3 server named
imap.
> >I installed it but I don't know how to configure it or start it at boot.
Can