[K12OSN] Configuring video for terminal

Hi,

Just getting my feet wet and hope I'm not in over my head.

Today I set up a server (1.7 Ghz Dell with 512 MB RAM just to test this out) running K12LTSP 2.02 (cause it's what I have right now) and took one of my schools soon to be replaced (unless I can breathe new life into them) 187Mhz Pentium I's and put a newer PCI ethernet card in and was able to boot the terminal machine from the server..BUT.....

The video as seen on the terminal is HUGE and therefore the login text fields are off screen. There are no scrollbars so the fact that the mouse can move around in the bit of window that is there doesn't help.

What settings do I need to change? I assume I change them at the server. Can I force the server to hand out windows of a certain size (800 x 600 or 640 x 480)?

I just set it up today and so Gnome is running and therefore GDM, but I'm going to be trying icewm instead of gnome due to it's lightness of being.

Thanks in advance for any help ya'll can give me.
Peace,
Jimmy Schwankl