Re: [K12OSN] can't access internet from LTSP server

pat:

http://k12ltsp.org/install.html

at the buttom of the link page i put on top read or follow the instruction
there how to change
the deafult ip of 192.168.0.254 to the ip that you want.

In my case my k12ltsp server is using 192.168.80.254 because my isp is using
192.168.0.254 so when i get connected to the internet it will for the
192.168.0.254 ip add

hope this help.:)

> Thanks Jim...
>
> I'm afraid you are going to help me out with this a bit, if you, and others,
> don't mind.
>
> I'll need to change the subnet for the LTSP services, as the windows subnet
> isn't flexible.  I know I can change the NIC assignment with something like
> Linuxconf.  Changing ETH0 to 192.168.1.254 is no problem.  However, I know
> that's not the only thing I need to do.  Can you give me an idea of what
> else I need to modify for the ETH0 side?
>
> And I'm not sure how to set the default route to the win2k server.  The
> route man page is greek to me.
>
> I apologize if this isn't the proper forum for 'linux for dummies.'
>
> Thanks again.
>
> >From: Jim Wildman <jim rossberry com>
> >To: k12osn redhat com
> >Subject: Re: [K12OSN] can't access internet from LTSP server
> >Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:02:19 -0400 (EDT)
> >
> >Yes, this is a routing issue.  Routing is for 'routing' packets between
> >different subnets.  The ltsp server sees both nics as being on the same
> >subnet, and hence does not route.  Might be easiest to change the
> >network that the W2K box and corresponding ltsp nic are on to a
> >192.168.1.x based network.  Need to also make sure that the default
> >route is pointing to the nic on the network with the W2K box as well.

> >Jim Wildman, CISSP                                      jim rossberry com
> >http://www.rossberry.com
> >
> >On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, pat ring wrote:
> >

> > > ETH0 is assigned by the K12LTSP default install to 192.168.0.254 and
> >serves
> > > the LTSP clients .100 to .253.
> > >
> > > ETH1 also gets its 192.168.0.x IP address either manually or through
> >DHCP
> > > from the network.  It doesn't matter if I manually assign the IP or let
> >DHCP
> > > handle the IP asignment, but I have that if I let DHCP handle the
> > > assignment, I can't surf, so I just use 192.168.0.88.  This may be
> >because
> > > the DHCP services via Windows Internet COnnection Sharing aren't really
> >full
> > > DHCP.
> > >
> > > My win2k gateway PC is 192.168.0.1 and I always enter this address as
> >the
> > > DNS server.

begin:vcard
n:Pastrana;Arnel
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:AIIAS International Elementary School
version:2.1
email;internet:arnelgp aiias edu
note:Linux user # 277784
x-mozilla-cpt:;32