Re: [K12OSN] can't access internet from LTSP server

Pat,

sory but i need some more info in your setup

Is your k12tsp server connected to your hub/or switch ?  and your win2k
connected to the same hub too?
becuase i think i did that before but it wont really work? im not sure win2k
has that capability... im sory but may be i dont know that yet...

pat, if you have  an ordinary win98 workstation and your win2k server is
connected to internet is that win98 workstation  has access to internet?

im not sure how your win2k give its internet connection to your ws.

pat ring wrote:

> Hi Arnel...Thanks.
>
> I modified the files at the end of the k12ltsp installation page as you
> directed in your other email.  I just changed everything that had 192.168.0
> to 192.168.1.  After reboot, I get the same error, which is "Could not

better double chec it again find the default ip and change it to your desired.

> connect to host www.kde.org (I was clicking on a KDE.org link.)
>
> The win2k server is dialing my ISP.
>
> I'm not sure of the proper command to set the default route.

its under network configuration, you can do it in graphical mode then just
click make default  route
im not sure in text mode.

> [...]
> > > internet via the gateway, then I believe the LTSP clients will fall into
> > > place, as well.
> > >
> > > Some details.
> > >
> > > My network "server" is actually a Win2k PC with internet connection
> >sharing.
> >
> >What is your internet connection of your win2k? are u using dialup or
> >connected
> >to network?
> >

> > >   I use VNC to virtually connect to the gateway to open and close dial
> >in
> > > connections to the internet.  I have to use win2k because I need an
> > > "internet answering machine" to answer the phone when I am online and
> >there
> > > is no linux support for this type of product (living in the sticks, as I
> >do,
> > > also makes separate lines very much cost prohibitive for dial in access
> > > the internet.)
> > >
> > > The terminal services PC has two NICs.  ETH0 is attached to the terminal
> > > services clients via a 3com switch.  ETH1 is attached via an additional
> > > switch to my network.
> > >
> > > I might have a problem with the way the subnets are setup:
> > >
> > > ETH0 is assigned by the K12LTSP default install to 192.168.0.254 and
> >serves
> > > the LTSP clients .100 to .253.
> > >
> > > ETH1 also gets its 192.168.0.x IP address either manually or through
> >DHCP
> > > from the network.  It doesn't matter if I manually assign the IP or let
> >DHCP
> > > handle the IP asignment, but I have that if I let DHCP handle the
> > > assignment, I can't surf, so I just use 192.168.0.88.  This may be
> >because
> > > the DHCP services via Windows Internet COnnection Sharing aren't really
> >full
> > > DHCP.
> > >
> > > My win2k gateway PC is 192.168.0.1 and I always enter this address as
> >the
> > > DNS server.
> > >
> > > I tried to manually change the LTSP subnet on ETH0 to 192.168.1.254,
> >etc.,
> > > but I'm not sure this is the problem.  Does the fact that the two
> >subnets
> > > are using the same subnet scheme create the problem?  I could see if the
> > > clients couldn't surf, then that may be the case, but the LTSP gateway
> >can't
> > > surf.
> > >
> > > After about 30 installs, different configurations, etc., I'm not sure
> >where
> > > to go further with this issue.  Can I provide some conf files that might
> > > give you an idea of where I need to go?  Is this DNS or a route problem?
> > > Can the same IP adress scheme be used because the subnets are on
> >different
> > > NICs, or is this the problem?  Can you push me in the right direction of
> > > where to get some help?  I looked through the archives but I didn't see

begin:vcard
n:Pastrana;Arnel
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:AIIAS International Elementary School
version:2.1
email;internet:arnelgp aiias edu
note:Linux user # 277784
x-mozilla-cpt:;32