Re: [K12OSN] can't access internet from LTSP server

Hi Shauna...Thanks for .02! I live way out in the sticks. I only have one phoneline due to the high cost of rural, flat-rate calling plans so I can call into the city. As most of my business requires an internet connection, I utilize an internet answering machine service called Callwave. If I could get Callwave in a linux version, I would do so. I would do satellite internet out here if they would give away the equipment. Until satellite's cost falls significantly, or they provide the equipment, I'm stuck using windows, ICS, and my sole, slow-as-death phoneline.

I can get the K12LTSP server to easily dial my ISP and share that connection. Works great until I want to disconnect. I'm not sure of an eloquent way to disconnect from the clients, though. I might be missing something. But that's another thread altogether.

Thanks again Shauna

From: Shauna Ryall <ccschooltech shaw ca>
To: K12OSN <k12osn redhat com>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] can't access internet from LTSP server
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 12:05:23 -0700

In regards to the Internet Sharing Connection... why not just route your
internet connection thru a Linux box instead? ISC isn't that secure and
I would hope that you have a firewall or something in place. I have a
test setup at home here and I have my LTSP connected to the internet and
get all my LTSP clients using that. I am working on getting DansGuardian
up and running so that we can safely surf.

Just my .02

Shauna