[K12OSN] Changing dhcpd.conf and lts.conf

I have hooked up two workstations to my server and one has a serial
mouse. I made the changes to dhcpd.conf and lts.conf but I still could
not use the serial mouse until I did a reboot on the server. I am sure
that a reboot shouldn't be necessary. What command should I issue to get
these setting refreshed?

Thanks,
Yancey Jones