[K12OSN] Edit Please!

Dear Friends,

A polite suggestion:
===============
When replying to a post, please take time to edit the quoted stuff.  Delete
everything that is not relevant to your reply before clicking on send.  Also,
turn off html in your email software.  It is just basic listserver courtesy.

I am very interested in following the threads of discussions, but I get tired
of scrolling through 100s of lines of >>>> with text that I have seen many
times before!

Kudos:
=====
The Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP), and in particular K12LTSP, is a real
boon for those of us implementing computer labs in schools, churches, etc.
What is so wonderful is that it simply works!  Or is that it works simply?

I just setup six workstations in our church library using ThinkNIC terminals
running off a dual athlon server with 1 gig memory.  Each workstation has a
new 17" Viewsonic E70 monitor.  We access the Internet via cable modem. Total
cost of the system is under $4,000.  Each additional workstation will cost
around $500 with monitor.  It is fast, secure and easy to maintain.  Having
squidGuard automagically setup and do nightly updates was a special bonus.
Our youth love it and I am preparing to introduce some of our computer-phobic
elders on how to surf the net, do email, etc.  I even found a really easy to
use bible program that runs under Linux: Sword / Bibletime.  Is this great or
what!

Blessings on those who have worked so hard to make it this easy.

Dan
Dr. Daniel Loomis
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
El Dorado, Arkansas