Re: [K12OSN] rsh not working on Xclients

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Troy Kruschel wrote:

>I've run into a problem using rsh.  Rsh works fine on my server. I can rsh
>to it from it.  If I try to rsh to an Xclient I get a message connection
>refused.  The clients host name and IP are in my hosts file.  Rsh has been
>enabled in Xinet.d but still nothing. Same response using telnet Connection
>refused.  Anybody have any ideas.

Sounds like you are trying to rsh from the server to the terminal? In that
case I believe (I've never done this myself, so I'm largely guessing) that
you need to enable local apps.

The documentation for setting up local apps can be found here:

	http://www.ltsp.org/documentation/ltsp-3.0.0/ltsp-3.0.html#AEN1378

-Eric