[K12OSN] Web site problems

Some of my younger members came into the lab today trying to access some
Disney and Nickelodian sites.  Each attempt resulted in a crash of Mozilla,
Galeon and Konqueror.  Each has plugins for flash and java, but were unable
to connect to the sites without crashing the ThinkNIC thin terminals.  I also
had the same problem with a floppy-boot pc client (800 mHz Duron, 128mb
memory) attached to the network.

I was able to access the sites without problems from the server, so I know
that the plugins are installed correctly for each of the browsers.  The
problem seems to be with the thin clients.

Have others had these kinds of problems with thin terminals and k12ltsp?

I am running k12ltsp 2.1.0 on a dual athlon server, 1 gig memory, with six
ThinkNIC terminals attached via a Linksys 8-port switch.  The terminals are
running kde 3.0.  The ThinkNIC terminals are using Xvesa.  The bootup pc is
using XFree86 4.  I tried the sites with and without nfs swap of 48m.  The
problem was the same whether the sites were accessed through the
squid/squidGuard proxy or directly.

While not a huge concern, I had hoped to provide access to Disney and similar
sites.
Dr. Daniel Loomis
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
El Dorado, Arkansas