RE: [K12OSN] Limiting user login to MAC address

Bert,
	you have me in the middle of yet another senior moment ... I can't
remember off hand where you get to set autologin, but it was staring me in
the face the other saturday as i was setting up a new workstation. i'll
remember, if i don't in a short time, Peter Billson was with me and he is
too young to have senior moments.
	.profile sits in user's home dir. and i suspect it is called
.bash_profile. i am actually planning to switch some workstations to
automatic login and limited menu since the users share the passwords and
there is no security. i am going to work on it the last 2 weeks of july
(my vacations) and i'll report the results. the issue is ssh logins and
how to allow some from anywhere in the world. but others only from
specified servers (maybe workstations) with minimum fuss and maintenance
required. julius