[K12OSN] CC Rider

Well,
I appreciate everyone's attempts at assistance.
I DID acquire RPM packages for the C compiler, however.
The most recent version I can find at all runs into a brick wall becuase one of the necessary
dependencies is a glibc-devel lib that requires older kernel headers.
Yes, RPMfind.net is my friend.
Someone from the local lug is suggesting that I somehow compile an older kernel to trick the glibc devel packages in, while hiding my recent kernel, then make some kind of switcheroo.

I'm learning, but this sounds far too complicated to me.

Any other suggestions?

tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!