Re: [K12OSN] Accelerated Reader

FYI,

I did a small bit of experimenting with getting AR (the AR management utility only - so far) to run using WINE a few weeks ago in my spare (hah!) time. Successful until it came time to chose my data directory, then the app locked up. from an interface standpoint it looked and smelled like windoze, though. I have talked to one of the level 3 techs at Renaissance Learning about it and they have dabbled with it somewhat, but not enough to have a solution. If anyone has gotten beyond the data directory selection (used mount -t smbfs to acess the samba share that contains the data) I would looooooooove to here about it. Another point which may be relevant is that the app itself is on a local vfat partition, and perhaps I need to copy it to a linux one to make this work. At any rate, inquiring minds wanna know :)

-Jeff