Re: [K12OSN] Re: Macromedia and LTSP

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 03:40:27AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> I haven't explored this much, but I think XRENDER is only within XFree86
> 4.x, and only within certain drivers for certain cards.  I have discovered
> that all of my old S3 2MB video cards within my LTSP clients do not seem to
> support XRENDER, so I am stuck as far as Flash support goes until Macromedia
> gets their act together.

You are aware that there is an open-source flash plugin implementation for
Linux?  It currently has some niggling licensing details to be worked out
(it depends on some questionably-licensed Netscape header files), so you
probably won't find any binaries on-line yet, but the source is certainly
available and there are also a couple of Debian developers working on
cleaning up the licensing concerns (as well as some of the build
dependencies).

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer