Re: [K12OSN] Accelerated Reader

Jeff,
I have tried this as well and have had no success.  I have mounted our
Samba share on my machine and tried to connect Accelerated Reader to it
- and it locks up.  Here is the problem: there are a couple VXD's
involved with the problem- vredir.vxd and vnetsup.vxd.  Accelerated
Reader uses these to communicate over the network in some way.  Wine
doesn't support VXD's.
The only solution to this problem is codeweavers.com.  They can take a
windows app and build wine around it (Internet Explorer works under
WINE).  I have tried to run Accelerated Reader under Crossover Office,
but had no luck.  Our district is very serious about paying codeweavers
to make Accelerated Reader and WINE work.  I think it is a worthy
investment.
Any comments?
Tait Shrum
Bryant Public School District