Re: [K12OSN] Accelerated Reader

This got me to thinkin' - SCO's Tarentella, which is kinda the equivalent to Citrix's Metaframe, not only supports LINUX back ends, but Windows back ends as well. In either case, it "webifies" the back end environment, delivering the native Windows or LINUX app in a web browser.

http://www.tarantella.com/products/e3/starter/index.html

Wonder if that would work?? I don't have a copy or access to one, nor even AR stuff, so I am not one that could test this, but, at least at quick glance, this may be a solution.

Still, if this would work, could you not put AR up on a Win2k terminal server, and get to it through RDesktop from an LTSP client??

Neither solution is as cost effective as recreating the product natively in LINUX. Any takers??

Kirk

Kirk