RE: [K12OSN] Dual boot to LTSP?

Hi Steve,

I'm using the DOS versions of the etherboot images. You can get either
messdos or linux images from Rom-O-Matic.

Never had to use a single linux command to do the work.

I simply fdisked the HDD with several small (10MB) DOS partitions, made the
first partition active, formatted the first partition, copied the
autoexec.bat and <etherboot image>.COM file to partition. No windoze.

Rebooted and voila, just like a diskless terminal. These are in admin, so
the users won't trash the HDD. If they do, 5 minutes will have it
operational again. It's mainly driven by budget constraints ;-|

=================
For Win9x machines

By using some of the old config.sys and autoexec.bat tricks it would be
possible have a simple boot menu allowing either Linux or Windows to load
at startup.

We used to do this in the early Win9x days for gamers. Set up 4 options. 3
options for different memory usage and the fourth for loading windows.

Worked like a charm, never trashed Windows like some DOS games did when run
in Windows.

Cheers,
Bert