Re: [K12OSN] restricting internet access

Bert Rolston wrote:

Hi Steve & all,

I've done a this by limiting acces to Mozilla.

All student have to READ & sign an internet usage contract, then they have permission to use it. Any mess ups and they loose the privelege, simple.

I'm the owner and the group is internetuser. Only members of internetusers can run the app.

Change the permissions to 770.

Once you set up a decent proxy you should be able to password that by user. This allows the web browser be used for your intranet while limiting internet acces to those who have internet permissions.

Hi Bert,

Good idea. Can I have a nosey at your contract ?

/sw