Re: [K12OSN] Access File System

Hi,

> All I can find on the ltools stuff (the opposite of MTools) is in German,
> and, even with my heritage (Rheinlander), I don't read it at all. :-)

the ltools homepage is in English
(http://www.it.fht-esslingen.de/~zimmerma/software/ltools.htm), although i
found one article in German about it.
I can read German, although i have never used ltools ;)

You may simply change the /etc/fstab and change from ext3 to ext2 to
safely(?) use ltools.
For read-only access with
http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm you don't need to do
this.

If you decide later you absolutely need ext3 you can add the journal again
with tune2fs -j:
http://www.redhat.com/support/wpapers/redhat/ext3/
I've done this once after using a Dos hdd-imaging software that only knew
ext2.

Personally i use a FAT32 partition for data exchange.
It works very well, the only drawback is that software which comes as
.tar.gz often seems to need a file system that has the "x" attribute.
For important e-mail i use a "to do" folder that stays on the imap4 server
of my provider.