Re: [K12OSN] LTSP Server with Xfree86 questions

snip...

 anything.  If I boot it in level 3 it will boot to the prompt just fine.

From: http://k12ltsp.org/clients.html

Special Note for NIC computers:   You'll need to add an entry in your
lts.conf file found in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc for the best NIC video
resolution and sound.
Example:
[nic_01]
        XSERVER         = Xvesa
        SMODULE_01      = cmpci

> 2.  I am a little confused as to what and how the IP's work with the 2
> nics.  eth0 is the workstation side and eth1 is the network side.  I get
> that part, but can I use 10. x.x.x private addresses on the network side
> and still comunicate with the 192.168.0.x numbers on the workstation (LAN)
> side. OR do I need to give it a class C number on the network side?  I
> would prefer not to use the DHCP on the netywork side if possible.  Also
> what files need to be edited if I change the number from the eth0 side so
> I can still dhcp the workstations?

Eth1 can get its address viea DHCP (default) or you can give it a static
address. If you make any changes to the eth0 ip numbers there are a
bunch of other files you'll have to adjust. The grey screen almost
always happens when the settings for eth0 are not right yet.

At the bottom of the page on http://k12ltsp.org/install.html you'll find
a list of the files to edit if you're making changes to the eth0 ip
numbers. This is not hard to do. We use 10.x ib addresses in our
buildings.

;-) Paul