Re: [K12OSN] LTSP Install Problems-HELP!

Ken Johnson wrote:

> I tried a clean install with a different monitor and it worked!
>
> So the  KDS monitor doesn't work but the Brand X monitor does. The problem
> is I have 3 KDS monitors and I need to make them work. They  are 15" KDS
> 5251 monitors. They can display HiRes (1024x768). The KDS monitors work fine
> on the server, just not on the workstation. When I did the reinstall the
> Horiz. Sync 30-55KHz was selected, and the Vert. Sync was 50-90H. As I said
> the KDS monitor works fine on the server.
>
> I added the X-RES line but it had no effect with the KDS monitor on the
> workstation.
>
> I am glad I'm starting to have some success with this. Each problem is an
> opportunity to learn more about Linux.
>
> I wonder what it takes to get these KDS monitors to perform on the
> workstations?
>
> Ken Johnson

Did you catch the post by Jim McQuillan that point out that I had posted
the wrong command?

It's actually...

          X_MODE_0 = 800x600

instead of...

          X_RES_0 = 800x600

You can usually <CTRL>-<ALT>-<+> and <CTRL>-<ALT>-<-> to sequentially
step through whatever resolutions are configured too.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo lsd k12 mi us