[K12OSN] ** Automounting **

Our school is putting together Linux workstations running on Dell
computers and we are working to make our workstation as much like Windows
as possible to ease student transition.   We're having problems saving to
a floppy disk from Open Office.  We want students to be able to just stick
a floppy in  the drive and choose save from the file menu, since this is
what they are used to.  Having this ability will help greatly to gain
acceptance for our Linux workstation.  We installed automount which seemed
like it might sove this problem, but it hasn't really worked for us.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how we can allow automatic mounting
and saving of floppies for students from within an application like Open
Office?

Thanks,
Tony