[K12OSN] Killing client session

Hi. How do I restart a client session that seems fwacked? User pat logged into a gnome session. The session crashed killing toolbars. Now the toolbars are forever gone. How do I kill the session permanently so that the desktop comes back? I've rebooted the K12LTSP server, to no avail. Logging into a KDE desktop is fine.

Thanks.

Pat