[K12OSN] Logon stuck

Howdy...

I am trying to get a workstation hooked up. It is a P-166 and it gets on
to the DHCP part. Where it gets stuck is the Mounting Root Filesystem
which from the help files I find:
#  Upto this point, the root filesystem has been a ram disk. Now, the
/linuxrc script will mount a new root filesystem via NFS. The directory
that is exported from the server is typlically  /opt/ltsp/i386. It can't
just mount the new filesystem as /. It must first mount it as /mnt.
Then, it will do a  pivot_root. pivot_root will swap the current root
filesystem for a new filesystem. When it completes, the NFS filesystem
will be mounted on /, and the old root filesystem will be mounted on
/oldroot.

It can't get past this point. I did edit the lts.conf file to include a
serial mouse... but I don't that this is the error...

Anyone got a quick fix?

TIA

Shauna