Re: [K12OSN] Re: Authenticating mixed clients for Internet Access

<Steven Wright wrote, amongst other things:>
Have a look at this http://www.wizdom.org.uk/linux/squid.shtml Can we build on this ?
<snip>
Also have a read of file://usr/share/doc/squid-2.4.STABLE6/FAQ-23.html
<snip>

That is definitely something to build on. I will get squid running on my build machine to test it out. Thank you for pointing to those links. They answer most of the questions I have had regarding this. As per usual, I just didn't R enough of TFM. ^_^ I also appreciate the feedback I have gotten from everyone. It is good to know my instincts were at least pointed in the right direction. As far as the users entering an http proxy password, that is ok since it seems that it will most likely be a browser generated password dialogue. My concern was over the solutions that required running an ident server, or logging in using ssh to generate a dynamic firewall rule, that sort of thing. I think this solution should work quite well now that I can see more of it.

-Regards-

-Quentin-