Re: [K12OSN] 2.1.1 beta #2

Howdy all,

I just got on to this list, I was hanging around on the OS:N list and Paul Nelson pointed me here - thanks Paul.

I am about to install K12LTSP on a server and two clients. The server is P2 450 Mhz with 384 Mb memory. The clients are Pentiums 166 Mhz one with 96 and one with 32 Mb memory.

I have the 2.1.0 ISO images. Would it be 'good' to start with 2.1.1?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this.

Gary

Eric Harrison wrote:
I've done a little more hacking on K12LTSP v2.1.1, so no official release
this week.

The changes were meant to be minor, but I messed some of them up on the
first pass. I'm now a bit nervous that I didn't catch all of the mistakes,
so I'm going to wait until next week to "officially" declare the release
of v2.1.1.

That said, everything tests perfectly for me. If you're feeling lucky and
want to be the first kid on the block to give v2.1.1 a spin, it's available
at this URL:

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/distributions/testing/2.1.1/

The directory layout is the same as v2.1.0, the ISO images are in the iso
directory, the individual files/rpms/srpms are in the i386 directory, etc.
I've added a new directory, "K12LTSP", that contains all of the RPMs that
differ from stock Red Hat 7.3.

Please let me know of any problems or bugs you run into...

-Eric