Re: [K12OSN] 2.1.1 beta #2

Gary Frederick wrote:

Howdy all,

I just got on to this list, I was hanging around on the OS:N list and Paul Nelson pointed me here - thanks Paul.

I am about to install K12LTSP on a server and two clients. The server is P2 450 Mhz with 384 Mb memory. The clients are Pentiums 166 Mhz one with 96 and one with 32 Mb memory.

I have the 2.1.0 ISO images. Would it be 'good' to start with 2.1.1?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this.

Welcome, yes it's lots of fun. 8-)

Since you have 2.1.0, I would just install that. Upgrading, for me, has been a painless experience, and I foresee no problems
in upgrading 2.1.0 -> 2.1.1 Eric may advise you further on this.

Your Server will be fine. Make sure you have *two* ethernet cards in it, *before* you begin the install.

If the the terminals are PCI, and the VideoCards have plenty of RAM, it should be plug-and-play.

If the terminals are not PCI, you will need to have a read of the Legacy HOWTO, and have a hack in /etc/dhcpd.conf

I have an old 486 Terminal with 32MB of RAM and I have enabled 32MB of NFS Swap for it, though I have never
checked if it got used.

enjoy!

regards,
Steve