[K12OSN] LVS and squid and RH 7.2

Title: Message
I will explain my situation. I have 2 squid machines running squidGuard. I have one LVS director, passing HTTP traffic to the squid machines.

The squid machines are RH 7.2, and the Director is kernel 2.4.18.

My ultimate goal is to set up transparency between my clients and the squid machines. In order to do this, I need to use a route-map on my Cisco Catalyst 6509 and on my 3640. When I do not have the route-map point to the Virtual IP of the LVS server,and point it directly to an IP of a squid machine, the transparency works great. When I point it to the Virtual IP of the LVS director, my clients never see a web page. When I statically place the Virtual IP of the director in my browser, I can resolve web pages and everything works great. BUT, that is not a transparent solution.

I was wondering if you could shed some light on this issue. Have you encountered this problem before? Would you mind explaining to me how your set up is?
I appreciate any attention you'll give this matter.

Jim Tuttle