[K12OSN] Re: UK Schools (SIMS question)

Hi James,

If you were referring to SIMS as in (Student Information Management Services) then I can direct you to a fellow in North Carolina (US) that I know has SIMS running from a linux box. His name is Michael Williams. Though I believe he has it setup so that users on the network get to it using a Novell login.. from a Windows PC. That is, the linux box is sharing the data out so that it looks like it's coming from a Novell share. ( I could of course have all my facts wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm close to the mark)

As for running entirely on top of Linux, I don't know. He could tell you though if anyone can. To contact him via email mailto:mwilliams haywood k12 nc us

Peace,
Jimmy Schwankl