Re: [K12OSN] Xfree problem solved thanks to Eric

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Chris Rears wrote:

>Eric Harrison came over to my shop today and helped me solve my problem
>with my thinknic and the Xfree issue I had.  He basically made the
>following changes to the lts.conf file.
>
>He changed :
>
>XSERVER = Xvesa back to XSERVER = auto.  Then he added the X_MODE_0 =
>800x600 line and it worked.  I am not sure why the Xvesa setting didn't
>work on it, but this will do for now.  It may be do to the Monitor and not
>the thinknic, but I am pleased it is now working for me.
>
>Thanks again Eric I appreciate your time.

Hey Chris,

I just finished testing the fix for this, the details are in the last
post I made to this list.

To test it out, set XSERVER back to Xvesa and comment out ("#") the
X_MODE_0 line. Then update the ltsp_core package, if you pull up a
terminal shell this command will do it:

 rpm -Uhv ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/distributions/testing/2.1.1/ltsp_core-3.0-13.i386.rpm

-Eric