Re: [K12OSN] Install - testing the client side

If you are configured on XP to get your address from DHCP (control panel: network: TCP/IP: Properties), then you can open a command prompt window (start: run: enter "COMMAND.COM" in the field, and click OK. At the command prompt, type "ipconfig /renew", and you should be there. You can check by running "ipconfig /all" to see what is what.

I have found that with XP, you can do everything right, check every field, make sure all your values are correct, and everything, and it still doesn't work. However, if you kill everything, and just run the Wizard, setting all the values the same as what you did manually, everything works. After multiple tries, all of which duplicated and validated the wizard setting, and it still did not work, I just kept what the wizard provided, and thanked my lucky stars that this was someone else's [XP] headache, and not mine (I don't own a copy, not now, not ever).

Hope this helps.
Kirk